We often hear from customers that the battery life on their iPhone does not last throughout the day. Here are a few tips for extending the battery life:
1) Close apps that run in the background
– Double clicking the home button pops up a row of icons at the bottom of the screen. These are the most recent apps that you used. Holding your finger on one of the icons for a second brings up the ability to fully ‘kill’ the app in question. Do this regularly and you will very quickly discover some battery life improvements.
2) Update to the latest software
– Always make sure your iPhone has the latest software from Apple. To update the software, connect your iPhone to your computer, then select iPhone in the source list in iTunes. In the Summary pane, click “Check for Updates” to see if there’s a new version of the iPhone software available. Click Update to install the latest version. If your iPhone is running iOS 5, you can also wirelessly update it to the latest version by going to Settings>General>Software Update and following the onscreen instructions.
3) Keep the battery cool
– Your iPhone uses a Lithium Ion battery. Be aware that extreme temperatures can negatively impact battery life so whenever possible keep your device in elements between 32 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) Invest in a battery booster
– The iPhone does not have a replaceable battery, so you may want to consider buying a battery booster or at least an extra charger. The battery booster will add a bit of bulk to your device but could effectively double the talk time of your iPhone 4 or 4S.
5) Turn off settings that you are not using
– Turn off push mail and notifications, wifi and bluetooth when not in use
If you have any questions on any of the settings on your phone please contact the TSC at email@example.com or x2920!