The Information Technology Helpdesk Support staff in BL 30 and staff at the Student Technology Center in SC 129 are taking precautionary measures to maintain a sterile work environment in an effort to keep the university community healthy. Listed below are just few examples of what we are doing to keep you healthy in regards to computing in the SC 129 lab, and computer support and maintenance as well.
* Washing hands frequently with soap and water.
* Using an alcohol-based hand cleaner before accepting computers at the Faculty Helpdesk in BL 30 and at the STC in SC 129.
* Using antimicrobial alcohol wipes to wipe down the keyboards of computers dropped off before being worked on.
* Using antimicrobial alcohol wipes to wipe down the keyboards of computers in the SC 129 lab and 129 classroom nightly.
* Using antimicrobial alcohol wipes to wipe down the keyboards of the training laptops used during IT Training.
* Using antimicrobial alcohol-based wipes to wipe down frequently touched common surfaces in the office area, such as telephones, computer keyboards, doorknobs, etc.
* Using an alcohol-based hand cleaner before using a co-workers’ phone, work area, computer mouse and keyboard, or other work tools and equipment.
* Gloves are also available to staff working on computers dropped off to the STC and Information Technology Helpdesk.
In addition to these measures being taken by our staff, we would like to ask that customers take advantage of the wipes provided at the counter to wipe down their laptops prior to handing them over.
Thank you for your consideration.