THE APPLICATION FOR 2019 IS NOW CLOSED
McNulty Scholars Program
McNulty Scholars receive two different levels of scholarship funding: a 4-year, full-tuition scholarship or a 4-year, partial-tuition scholarship, provided they:
- Remain a full-time student at Saint Joseph’s University
- Continue in an academic major supported by the McNulty Program (one of the natural sciences, mathematics or computer science)
- Maintain a 3.2 GPA for each year of enrollment
- Submit a reapplication to the Program yearly
All McNulty Scholars will benefit from ongoing faculty mentoring, research and internships opportunities, and professional and leadership development.
- First-year female student who has applied for admission to Saint Joseph’s University for the Fall of 2019. Please note: You do not need to be admitted to SJU before you apply to the McNulty Program.
- Must be interested in majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Biology, Environmental Science, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Should have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Should have a combined Critical Reading and Math score of at least 1360 on the SAT or 29 ACT composite.
Please note that applicants are encouraged but not required to apply to Saint Joseph’s University through Early Decision or Early Action admission. The deadline for Early Decision or Early Action is November 1, 2018.
How to Apply
- Application Deadline is January 15, 2019
- Applicants must have already applied to Saint Joseph's University for admission, and use their email address and assigned PIN number for access to this (and all) scholarship applications
- Online Application includes current resume and essay
- Letter of recommendation from a science or math teacher
- Should address the applicant’s specific qualifications for the McNulty Scholarship
- Should be submitted (PDF preferred) by January 15, 2019 directly to the McNulty Scholars Program Coordinator by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the address listed below
- 18 finalists will be invited for an on-campus interview with the Faculty Selection Committee during Scholars Weekend on March 1 - 2, 2019
- Up to 3 finalists will be awarded 4-year, full-tuition scholarships
- A select number of finalists will be awarded 4-year, partial-tuition scholarships
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by letter by April 1, 2019
Letters of recommendation and questions pertaining to the scholarship should be addressed to:
Ms. Shani Nuckols
McNulty Scholars Program Coordinator
Saint Joseph’s University
5600 City Avenue, Science Center Room 107-D
Philadelphia, PA 19131
(610) 660-1825/ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org