SJU interlibrary loan services are available to current students, faculty, and staff. Requests for items available in the library, through our digital collections, for required course textbooks, or for e-books, are not permitted.
Request Books or DVDs
- Check the library catalog or Discover search first, to see if the book is available in the library’s collections.
- If not, make your request through EZBorrow.
- Book requests typically arrive within 3-7 business days. You will receive email notifications about the status of your request.
- Books can be renewed online through My Library Account.
Request Articles (or Books not Available in EZBorrow)
- Check the Discover search first, to see if the article is available in the library’s collections.
- If not, make your request through Hawkshare.
- Articles are usually delivered by email within 3-6 days. You will receive email notifications about the status of your request.
- To renew books obtained through Hawkshare, contact email@example.com with the title of the item and the request number, at least five days before the due date.
Requests are not processed during weekends and holidays. Processing and delivery times will be slower during breaks, vacations, and periods of high demand.
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified by law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be 'used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.' If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of 'fair use,' that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
For information on Copyright issues please refer to the SJU Drexel Library Copyright Policy & Guide.