- Computer purchased in the past three years with Windows 7 (or higher) or MACOS X.
- Computer should have an audio card and speakers.
Please see below for full recommended and required specifications
- Internet service provider required, high-speed cable or DSL is recommended, 56k modem connection is acceptable, but discouraged.
- Google Chrome is the preferred browser.
- You will need to have a familiarity with the suite of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). You should be able to: open, close, and save documents. You should also be able to browse your hard drive for files.
- Ability to browse web pages and use various search engines (Ex: Google, Yahoo, etc)
- To view videos you will most likely need to have the latest version of RealPlayer installed on your computer
Blackboard Learn and Zoom Features that you may use during a course:
- Navigation Buttons: Allows you to navigate within the Bb course.
- Assignment tool: Used to send your assignment to your instructor.
- Discussion Board: Online discussions
- Collaboration tool: Virtual office hours and synchronous discussions.
- Tools Button: Under the tools button you will be able to view grades, edit your Bb course home page, view class roster, and send email.
Quiz: Allows you to take a quiz online
- To participate in Zoom sessions, online students should have an integrated headphone and microphone.
- Webcams are not required, but very useful.
Software Packages – students may be asked to download/acquire the following