Community Engagement describes COLLABORATION between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of PARTNERSHIP and RECIPROCITY in order to
1) enrich scholarship, research, and creative activity;
2) enhance curriculum, teaching, and learning;
3) prepare educated, engaged citizens;
4) strengthen democratic values and civic responsibility; or
5) address critical societal issues and contribute to the public good.
Carnegie Community Engagement Committee members can check relevant application materials on Blackboard.