[ Video available. Click on “Videos” above.]
Institute Co-Director Adam Gregerman gave this presentation at a conference called “The Identity of Israel: Jews, Christians, and the Bible” at Wycliffe College at the University of Toronto. He discusses the following questions:
- What is the status of the biblical covenant with the (original) people of Israel / the Jews after Christ?
- What tensions are raised for Christian theology with the rejection of supersessionism?
- If the Jewish covenant with God is valid, should Christians seek to convert Jews?
- If God’s covenant with the Jews remains valid, do the specific land promises within it also remain valid?
- If the Old Covenant with the Jews remains valid, of what value is the New Christian Covenant?