Custom solutions from one generation to the next.
The Initiative for Family Business and Entrepreneurship at Saint Joseph’s University is the region’s only university-based program providing support and guidance in navigating the complexities of building, growing and transitioning family enterprises from one generation to the next.
We offer custom solutions for family enterprises, small business owners and entrepreneurs seeking new strategies for long-term economic growth and viability.
Our programming can be broken down into three distinct communities:
LEARNING COMMUNITY: Offers Best-in-Class Executive Education
- Live, Quarterly Seminars taught by distinguished coaches, trainers and Haub School of Business supporting faculty
- Family Business Legacy Speaker Series
- Access to Executive-in-Residence, applied research and Haub School of Business supporting faculty
SOCIAL NETWORKING COMMUNITY: Offers Exclusive Access, Engagement & Affiliation
- VIP cocktail receptions and business recognition events
- Open houses and self-driven exposure to regional service providers
- Private, moderated social networking groups via LinkedIn
LEADERSHIP COMMUNITY: Offers Guidance & Resources from One Generation to the Next
- Family Business Survey Series
- NexGen Academy (a professional development certificate program)
- Business Coaching: 1-on-1 delivery of custom family business solutions
Programs do not have prerequisites, or have a particular order in which they must be attended, but all aspects of support and guidance, assessment and training, shared learning and community, and relationship management are essential to the core health of your family enterprise.