March is National Nutrition Month
SJU BeWell Spotlight Event
March 28th: Healthy Eating Discussion and Recipe Demonstration!
March is Nutrition Awareness Month and the SJU BeWell Committee is sponsoring a live Healthy Eating Discussion and Recipe Demonstration. This event will be held on Wednesday, March 28th, at 12:00 PM in the Mandeville Dining Room.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about healthy eating, the SJU Nutrition Counseling Options and have some fun at the same time!
Please RSVP with Rebecca Gushue by emailing email@example.com.
SJU BeWell March Events
2018 AJCU Go Move Challenge - Final Results
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the 2018 Go Move Challenge. We logged 89,825 total minutes from 84 participants, with an average of 1,070 minutes per person.
- SJU came in 3rd place out of 23 participating schools for average minutes
- SJU came in 14th place out of 23 participating schools for total minutes
- Congratulations to our Top 10:
- Mary Ann McMenamin, ATDL - 6775 minutes
- Patricia Hampson-Eget, Advancement - 6580 minutes
- Naomi Cohen, Drexel Library - 3910 minutes
- Georgina Texeira, DSS - 3847 minutes
- Conor Lesch, Campus Rec - 3640 minutes
- Brian Lafferty, Advancement - 3470 minutes
- Emily Forte, Student Life - 3135 minutes
- Kathleen Donaher, IHS - 3080 minutes
- Sarah Seidman, Human Resources - 3025 minutes
- Ginny Miori, DSS - 2596 minutes
The Sports Recreation Complexes are available for use at no cost to full-time and retired full-time faculty members, their spouses and dependent children (who qualify as exemptions as defined in the Internal Revenue Service Code). Contact the Office of Campus Recreation for further information.
Faculty members receive a fifty percent (50%) discount and preferred seating on tickets - purchased in advance - for all home Saint Joseph’s University basketball games at Hagan Arena. All tickets purchased on game day/night will be full price. Saint Joseph’s University games played at local, off-campus sites are not necessarily included at discounted rates. Based on availability, full-time faculty members can receive four (4) discounted tickets (season/single game). Season ticket holders are given priority. Contact the Athletics Ticketing Office for further information.
Partnerships and Programs
Freedom Valley YMCA
Saint Joseph’s University and the Freedom Valley YMCA have a partnership that provides employees of SJU the following benefits at any of the 41 area locations through the Freedom Valley YMCA network:
- No new member joiner fee
- 10% discount on monthly membership fee (for both continuing and new members)
- Free consultations with a Wellness Coach
- Free group exercise classes
- Priority class and program registration
- Free babysitting
- No annual contract required
To obtain the benefits bulleted above, bring your SJU ID to your local Freedom Valley YMCA and mention the SJU/YMCA partnership. That’s it! Additional information can be found on their website at www.philaymca.org.