New to the Wall Street Trading Room this year is…. Factset. Factset is a financial data subscription which will replace our previous subscriptions with Thomson Baseline and Reuters Stockval. It is available only in the Trading Room (MV 295).
FactSet consolidates all the tools needed to monitor global markets, public and private companies, and equity and fixed income portfolios in a single, intuitive interface.
It is a powerful analytics tool which includes these standard features:
- Analytics: Seamlessly integrate streaming real-time market data, prices, financials, earnings estimates, research reports, and news in one customizable platform.
- Content: In addition to content from hundreds of third-party data providers, choose from several FactSet-collected data sets, providing you with the scope and coverage you need for in-depth analysis.
- Microsoft Office Integration: Use FactSet in Microsoft Office to combine the latest market data with your scrubbed numbers, to quickly create flexible models and presentations.
- Screening: Screen on an extensive universe of entities based on financial and non-financial criteria you specify to identify select public and private companies, private equity and venture capital firms, funds, and portfolio companies.
- Customization: Personalize your FactSet by selecting the analytics and data that match your workflow.
Click here for the latest copy of the WSTR schedule.
Prezi is a web-based presentation application that uses a single canvas instead of traditional slides. Users place text, images and other presentation objects on an open canvas. The canvas allows users to create non-linear presentations, where they can zoom in and out of a visual map. A path through different objects and frames can be defined, representing the order of the information to be presented. It is a unique , dynamic presentation method, particularly in the online arena. (Prezi. (2010, August 26). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:09, September 16, 2010, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prezi&oldid=381203635) . Prezi licensing ranges from a free version (all presentations are hosted online and can be embedded in blogs or sent as links) to subscription accounts with download options.
Special thanks to Dr. Lisa Nelson of the Arrupe Center for suggesting this platform to preview.
Here is an example of a simple Prezi Business Presentation. Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the demonstration:
Be sure to take advantage of the many training workshops offered by I.T. on
the new Blackboard 9 platform. Contact Al Labonis (email@example.com)
to reserve your spot. All Blackboard workshops will be held in Science 129 (On
the ground floor of the Science Building)
Introduction to Blackboard 9.1 – Getting Started:
September 22, 2010 5:00-6:30
October 4 2010
October 12, 2010
October 14, 2010
October 19, 2010
Blackboard 9.1 Grade Center
September 28, 2010 10:30-12:00
September 29, 2010 5:00-6:30
October 7, 2010
October 20, 2010 5:00-6:30
October 26, 2010
For additional I.T. Training opportunities in MS Office products, you can
register online by following these steps:
Login to MySJU using your username and password
Click on the School Services tab
Click on the link on the lower right hand side under Information Technology that
reads Enroll for Technology Training
From the Class Type drop down, select Technical
From the Subject drop down, select the desired course
To register for a course click the Register Class button