A new online community, called Higher Education Teaching and Learning Portal, or HETL, serves as a forum for professors to seek and share advice about teaching, and often about how (or whether) to bring technology into the classroom. The site is not affiliated with any particular college or academic organization. Its members represent academic institutions around the world, from all disciplines. For more information on this site, please visit: http://hetl.org/
New to the Wall Street Trading Room this year is…. Factset. Factset is a financial data subscription which will replace our previous subscriptions with Thomson Baseline and Reuters Stockval. It is available only in the Trading Room (MV 295).
FactSet consolidates all the tools needed to monitor global markets, public and private companies, and equity and fixed income portfolios in a single, intuitive interface.
It is a powerful analytics tool which includes these standard features:
- Analytics: Seamlessly integrate streaming real-time market data, prices, financials, earnings estimates, research reports, and news in one customizable platform.
- Content: In addition to content from hundreds of third-party data providers, choose from several FactSet-collected data sets, providing you with the scope and coverage you need for in-depth analysis.
- Microsoft Office Integration: Use FactSet in Microsoft Office to combine the latest market data with your scrubbed numbers, to quickly create flexible models and presentations.
- Screening: Screen on an extensive universe of entities based on financial and non-financial criteria you specify to identify select public and private companies, private equity and venture capital firms, funds, and portfolio companies.
- Customization: Personalize your FactSet by selecting the analytics and data that match your workflow.
Click here for the latest copy of the WSTR schedule.
Prezi is a web-based presentation application that uses a single canvas instead of traditional slides. Users place text, images and other presentation objects on an open canvas. The canvas allows users to create non-linear presentations, where they can zoom in and out of a visual map. A path through different objects and frames can be defined, representing the order of the information to be presented. It is a unique , dynamic presentation method, particularly in the online arena. (Prezi. (2010, August 26). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:09, September 16, 2010, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prezi&oldid=381203635) . Prezi licensing ranges from a free version (all presentations are hosted online and can be embedded in blogs or sent as links) to subscription accounts with download options.
Special thanks to Dr. Lisa Nelson of the Arrupe Center for suggesting this platform to preview.
Here is an example of a simple Prezi Business Presentation. Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the demonstration: