Saint Joseph’s University recently licensed, on a subscription basis, Touchnet Marketplace software to develop online stores . One of the major benefits of MarketPlace is that stores can be developed without I.T. programming support, so users can independently manage and control their sites. Universities are using MarketPlace to:
- Register and pay for conferences, camps, Study Abroad programs, etc.
- Sell tickets to events
- Sell University products and services
- Promote and register for alumni events; support alumni giving
- Register and pay for career services events
- Register and pay for professional development courses
The Marketplace platform integrates directly with Banner, so that payments made through it will go to selected department budget lines. Each area of campus has a designated Marketplace manager to develop stores for that division. Peggy Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Market Place Merchant Manager for HSB. Please contact her for any requests.
The first Marketplace site launched for SJU is A Taste of Hawk Hill site. Please visit this site to see what the platform offers. And, while there, be sure to purchase a ticket for the event!