Hardware - Mandeville 295 - Wall Street Trading Room
- RISE Ticker Board
- NEC Display Boards (powered by Rise)
- 35 workstations with large flat screen monitors
- Podium with doc cam, projector and large interactive touch screen display
- Podium - Bloomberg terminal
Hardware - Mandeville 294 - Wall Street Trading Room Annex
- 12 workstations with large flat screen monitors
- Podium with large interactive touch screen display (MV 295)
- 9 Bloomberg terminals
Manage real estate portfolios in one integrated solution. Students must have assigned accounts to use this resource. Accounts are assigned through their instructors.
Bloomberg Professional (http://www.bloomberg.com)
As one of the leading sites for breaking financial news, investor tools and data, Bloomberg.com is the global standard for business information. Drawing from the extraordinary power of the Bloomberg Professional service — the information source that the financial world depends on — users get quick, easy access to data and analytical tools available nowhere else.
Not sure where to begin with Bloomberg?
Check out the Student Resources. Also, ask WSTR staff members for assistance.
9 terminals in MV 294 + 1 terminal in Drexel Library Library resources for Bloomberg terminals
- Login into the Bloomberg workstation with your SJU credentials.
- Launch the Bloomberg application.
- Create your own Bloomberg login, or use the generic login/password listed on the workstation monitor.
Bloomberg System "Cheat Sheets"
- Energy and Commodities
- Equity Sales
- Fixed Income
- Money Market Trader
- Bloomberg Keyboard
FactSet consolidates all the tools you need to monitor global markets, public and private companies, and equity and fixed income portfolios in a single, intuitive interface. With FactSet, you gain powerful analytics tailored to your workflow, the broadest scope of data available, and access to industry-leading client service. Our solutions are designed to fit seamlessly into your workflow, with a wide selection of customizable reports and charts that are relevant to your job function. To access (available only in MV 295):
- Login with SJU account
- Open the FactSet desktop icon
- Factset Academic Support
The below links are packets with helpful hints and instructions for FactSet Sidebar, Portfolio Analysis, SPAR, Time-Series Data in Ownership, Creating and Editing Parameters, and Using Equity Screening
|FactSet Portfolio Analysis|
|FactSet Time-Series Data in Ownership 2.0|
|FactSet Creating and Editing Parameters|
|FactSet Equity Screening|
FactSet Data Attribution
FactSet is pleased when we see our insight and information sourced in the media.
When attributing content used in a publication to FactSet, please follow the guidelines below. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
FactSet Proprietary Content
For print sourcing of FactSet charts:
Source: FactSet financial data and analytics.
To source FactSet in copy: Financial data and analytics provider FactSet
If you require a copyright statement:
Copyright 201* FactSet. All rights reserved.
* Include appropriate year.
In some cases, it may be relevant to acknowledge FactSet as the engine used for financial calculations. For this, we provide three attribution options:
- Calculated by FactSet
- Powered by FactSet
- Analytics provided by FactSet / Data provided by FactSet / Data and analytics provided by FactSet
Commercial Content on FactSet
When publicly referencing commercial content viewed via FactSet in your materials, you are responsible for obtaining all required authorizations from any third party data suppliers prior to publication. By referencing such data in your materials, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all such necessary authorizations. You are required to use proper citation or attribution of the data you use in accordance with the data supplier’s requirements.
In addition, you are required to include the attribution text below with the content in your publication:
Source: [Insert Name of Commercial Data Supplier] via FactSet.
A comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning program which ties all the diverse functions of an organization (accounting, finance, management, sales, etc.) into one cohesive database. Allows the user to analyze data for financial planning, sales forecasting and quality control. Students must have assigned accounts to use this resource. Accounts are assigned through their instructors. Instructions for downloading to personal computers also provided by instructors. To access on campus computers (available in MV 295 and MV 294):
Click the desktop SAP Logon icon
SPSS is a modular, tightly integrated product for the analytical process—planning, data collecting, data access, data management and preparation, analysis, reporting and deployment. With SPSS, users can generate decision-making information quickly using powerful statistics, and understand and effectively present their results with high-quality tabular and graphical output.To access (available in MV 295):
- Login with SJU account
- Open the SPSS desktop icon
Visualization tool. During the academic year, be sure to stop by any Monday for Tableau support in MV 294 to learn more about this tool. No experience or appointment necessary. To access on campus computers (available in MV 295 and MV 294):
Click the desktop Tableau icon
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)(https://wrds.wharton.upenn.edu//)
WRDS provides instant access to important databases in the fields of finance, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing and public policy.It provides universities with the following key benefits:
- A Simple, yet Powerful Web Interface. It offers point-and-click access to many databases. You can research one firm or several hundred firms simultaneously. All the databases have a common interface and a consistent data format.
- A Host of Research Applications. It offers sophisticated tools and sample programs for a variety of research, including: conducting event studies, testing asset-pricing models using Fama-French portfolios, calculating bid-ask spreads on different exchanges and securities, and much more.
- Classroom Learning Enhancements. WRDS interface is simple and straightforward. Faculty can easily integrate research data into classroom lectures and student projects.
To access (available in MV 295 and MV 294):
- Login with SJU account
- Double click the WRDS shortcut on the desktop
****** WRDS MANUAL******
Excel Training for Finance Majors Manual.