Ready to step up your Res Hall experience? Our Residential Learning Communities provide exclusive housing opportunities for interested applicants!
The Office of Residence Life has partnered with multiple academic and administrative departments to design various Learning Communities housed throughout our residence halls. Learning Communities are comprised of groups of students who choose to live on the same floor or in the same residential area and focus learning opportunities on a specific interest or academic area or major. Residence Life sponsors Learning Communities specifically for first year students as well as for upperclass students.
Participation in Residential Learning Communities affords students some excellent benefits including:
- living with other students who share similar majors or interests
- the opportunity to develop close relationships with other students in the community
- focused programming opportunities related to the Learning Community theme
- the opportunity to interact closely with faculty and staff members
- participation in exclusive site visits and field trips
- Resident Assistants chosen specifically for membership in the Learning Community
Learning Communities can assist students in transitioning to SJU and can help students feel connected to the many resources offered at the University. Research shows that students who participate in Learning Communities are more likely to live in an enjoyable community, achieve a higher level of academic success from mutual discussion and study, and have better relationships with faculty and staff members due to unique and creative programming opportunities.
The following RLCs are open to First Year Students:
To apply, please click on the "First Year RLC Application" link on the lefthand side of the screen.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to get some basic questions answered that you might have about RLCs at SJU! More questions? Contact Elizabeth Ali, firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-660-1060.