Please be aware, the Office of Residence Life cannot predict or control information shared through Facebook and other social media. All information regarding Housing Agreements, Roommate Profiles and Housing Selection can be accessed through The Nest. Outside organizations that are not accessible through this channel are not sponsored by or affiliated with Saint Joseph's University or the Office of Residence Life.
Step 1: Complete Housing Agreement
Students may complete a Housing Agreement to participate in the Housing Selection Process. Agreements should be completed online by logging into the New Hawks Portal or The Nest (nest.sju.edu).
- Log into The Nest (nest.sju.edu) and select the "School Services" tab at the top of the page.
- Within the "Student Resources" section, select the drop-down menu for Residence Life/Housing
- Click on the "Housing Application" button to access the Housing Portal.
- Once within the Housing Portal, select the appropriate Academic Year.
- Items that are available to view and complete will have red text. If you find that you are not able to advance through the menu, look at the items that are available and be sure to click "Save & Continue" at the bottom of the page to verify that you have seen the information.*Please note that the housing agreement is a binding agreement for the entire academic year and students will not be released except for extraordinary circumstances.
Step 2: View Selection Time & Search Rooms
- On the designated date, students who have completed the housing agreement will be able to log into The Nest to view their randomly assigned Housing Selection Date and Time.
- On this date, students can also begin to use the room search feature in the housing selection module in The Nest. This feature offers students an opportunity to view all available bed spaces. Once students begin making housing selections fewer spaces will appear as available.
Step 3: Selection Your Room
- Housing Selection will occur for students by their class year. Selection typically occurs over the course of several dates.
- On their designated selection date and time, students will be able to log-in and select a housing assignment through our online system.
For more information or if you have a question please contact the Office of Residence Life, Lafarge Hall (610) 660-1060 ( Reslife@sju.edu )