Service-Learning students come from all different majors throughout the College of Arts and Sciences as well as the Haub School of Business - all with an interest in combining academic work and service.
Freshman students have the rare opportunity to enroll in a two course sequence that allows students to stay with the same faculty member, peers and community partner for an entire academic year. Below is further information for interested freshmen students as well as a questionnaire for freshmen students enrolled in a service-learning course.
- Courses and Site Catalogue
- Service-Learning Placement Questionnaire
- Transportation Issues: If you are a freshman student experiencing any immediate transportation issue please contact Public Safety at 610-660-1111. Please communicate all non-immediate issues to Stacey Sottung at email@example.com.
Semester service-learning courses are offered in both the College of Arts and Sciences and the Haub School of Business. Semester courses change and rotate in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Below is a link for semester service-learning students to view the approved sites per each course.
Service-Learning Program Policies & Resources
- Have a question about your Community Partner Organization or a conflict with placement time? Ask a Placement Liaison in 131 Post Learning Commons. Look up your Fall 2018 PL CPO Assignments and visit them during Placement Liaison Office Hours Fall 2018
- Students serving at many of our Community Partner Organizations are required to complete four clearances: PA Child Abuse Check, PA Criminal Background Check, SJU Minors on Campus video, and FBI Fingerprints
- Instructions for PA Child Abuse Check, PA Criminal Background Check, SJU Minors on Campus video:
- FBI Fingerprints Check:
- NEW Instructions for Obtaining FBI Clearance through Morpho Trust
- Emergency Protocol
- Missed Service Procedures and Inclement Weather Policy
- SEPTA Two-Way Pass for transportation to and from service: handed out twice during the semester in Post Learning Commons 131
- Thursday, September 20, 11am-1pm and Tuesday, September 25, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Post-Learning Commons Suite 131
- October 25th, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Post-Learning Commons Suite 131
- Connecting your service-learning experience to your job search
- Has Service-Learning influenced your career choice? Tell your story at SJU's Outcomes
For a Map of Community Partners working with the Freshmen and Semester courses please click here go to the community partner web page.