Service-Learning students come from all different majors throughout the College of Arts and Sciences as well as the Haub School of Business – all with an interest in combining academic work and service.
Freshman students have the rare opportunity to enroll in a two course sequence that allows students to stay with the same faculty member, peers and community partner for an entire academic year. Below is further information for interested freshmen students as well as a questionnaire for freshmen students enrolled in a service-learning course.
- Courses and Site Catalogue
- Service-Learning Placement Questionnaire
- Transportation Issues: If you are a freshman student experiencing any immediate transportation issue please contact Public Safety at 610-660-1111. Please communicate all non-immediate issues to Stacey Sottung at email@example.com.
Semester service-learning courses are offered in both the College of Arts and Sciences and the Haub School of Business. Semester courses change and rotate in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Below is a link for semester service-learning students to view the approved sites per each course.
Service-Learning Program Policies and Procedures
- Semester Courses/Community Partner Organization Placements
- Have a question about your Community Partner Organization or a conflict with placement time? Please see a Placement Liaison in 131 Post Learning Commons during Spring 2017 Placement Liaison Office Hours
- How to Self Enroll in Service-Learning Clearance Blackboard Organization
- Instructions for Obtaining and Submitting Background Check Reports
- Token for transportation to and from service will be handed out in 131 Post Learning Commons on 9/20, 9/21, 9/22, 9/27, 9/28, 9/29, 10am-2pm and then again on November 1, 2, 3 from 10am-2pm.
- Emergency ProtocolSpring 2017 Placement Liaison Office Hours
- Missed Service Procedures and Inclement Weather Policy
- Spring 2017 Placement Liaison Office Hours
For a Map of Community Partners working with the Freshmen and Semester courses please click here go to the community partner web page.