Listed below are the Fall 2018 service placements associated with each Freshman Service-Learning Course.
- Read each placement description listed for your class located on the FaithJustice Web Site.
- Try to determine which site best fits your interests and your personal work style. Some questions to ask yourself, that might be helpful:
- What kind of service does the organization provide?
- What population does the agency serve?
- Are volunteers expected to take initiative at the organization, or are there specific tasks that must be performed by the volunteers?
- Are there specific qualifications required by the organization that I may or may not meet?
- Am I willing to venture outside of my comfort zone to volunteer at an agency that will support my decision to grow?
- Each placement description offers a volunteer profile. This profile will be helpful to you in your decision making process.
- In addition to the information provided on the placement description, I encourage you to do your own research and go to the agency website. We do not include agency websites on our placement descriptions for internal, administrative reasons. However, you should be able to access most agencies using one or more search engines.
- For questions about your the service placements offered to your course, please visit PLC 131 during office hours to meet with the Placement Liaison associated with that Community Partner Placement Liaison CPO Assignment
|ECN 101-SLR, Introductory Economics/ECN 150-SLR, Profits and Prophets||HIAS PA After School|
|EDU 150-SLR, Schools in Society/EDU 151-SLR, Development, Cognition and Learning||Cook-Wissahickon School|
|ENG 101-SL1, Craft of Language/ENG 102-SL1, Texts in Context||Covenant House|
|ENG 101-SL2, Craft of Language/ENG 102-SL2, Texts in Context||Covenant House|
|ENG 101-SL3, Craft of Language/ENG 102-SL3, Texts in Context||Centro Nueva Creación|
|PHL 150-SL1, Sweet Revenge and Its Alternatives/PHL 154-SL1, Moral Philosophy||Hopeworks n' Camden|
|POL 150-SL1, Diversity and Inequality in the US/THE 154-SL1, Faith, Justice and the Catholic Tradition||Face to Face|
|SOC 150-SL1, Social Problems & Social Change/SOC 202-SL1, Advanced Social Problems||Centro Nueva Creación|