For the Fall 2020 semester both virtual and direct service placements will be offered. Both experiences will relate to classwork and work with community partner organizations. Listed below are the service placements associated with each Freshman Service-Learning Course.
Read each placement description listed for your class located on the Faith-Justice Web Site.
Each placement description offers a volunteer profile. This profile will be helpful to you in your decision making process.
Try to determine which site best fits your interests and your personal work style. Some questions to ask yourself, that might be helpful:
- What kind of service does the organization provide?
- What population does the agency serve?
- Are volunteers expected to take initiative at the organization, or are there specific tasks that must be performed by the volunteers?
- Are there specific qualifications required by the organization that I may or may not meet?
- Am I willing to venture outside of my comfort zone to volunteer at an agency that will support my decision to grow?
In addition to the information provided on the placement description, we encourage you to do your own research and go to the agency website. We do not include agency websites on our placement descriptions for internal, administrative reasons. However, you should be able to access most agencies using one or more search engines.
For questions about your the service placements offered to your course, please visit PLC 131 to meet with the Placement Liaison associated with that Community Partner.
EDU 151-SL1, Development, Cognition and Learning
MW 5:05-6:20pm, Dr. Tisha Douglas
ENG 102-SL1 Texts and Contexts
TR 12:30-1:45pm, Dr. Ann Green
ENG 102-SL2 Texts and Contexts
MWF 1:25-2:15pm, Dr. Paul Patterson
ENG 102 SL3 Texts and Contexts
TR 2:00-3:15pm, Dr. Aisha Lockridge
PHL 154 SL1 Moral Foundations
TR 9:30-10:45am, Dr. Lorraine Keller
PHL 154-SL2 Moral Foundations
MWF 12:20-1:10pm, Dr. James Boettcher
SOC 202 SL1 Advanced Social Problems
TR 9:30-10:45am, Dr. Raquel Bergen