Rashford Hall, Saint Joseph’s University
- On the campus, just 2 blocks from the ELS/Philadelphia building
- Students live in full apartments
- Kitchen, living room, dining area, two bedrooms and two bathrooms in each apartment, with lovely new furniture
- Double occupancy in each bedroom
- Free high-speed internet access in each apartment
- Telephones with free local service in each apartment
- Cable TV in each apartment
- A Resident Advisor especially for ELS students
- ELS/Philadelphia students will live in the same building with Saint Joseph’s University students studying International Business, so there will be many opportunities for interaction
- Coin-operated washers and dryers on each floor
- Study lounges on each floor
- Free university shuttle service around campus
- $1145 per 4-week session. Meals are not included in the price. (Meals may be purchased in the university cafeteria or students may prepare meals in their kitchens. There are many restaurants and markets within walking distance)
- Public buses to downtown Philadelphia are available in front of the dormitory
Minimum Age – 17
Check-In – Students may check in any time on the Sunday before the course begins
A $200 damage deposit, payable in cash or travelers check, is due on the first Monday of the course. The deposit will be returned in cash on the day the student leaves.
You can choose to stay with an English-speaking family. Not only will you be able to practice your English regularly, but you will also experience firsthand the country’s customs and lifestyles. Students often develop very close relationships with their host families-friendships that can last a lifetime.
Homestay accommodations consist of private room lodging with an American host. The $1050 price per session includes a continental breakfast and a prepared dinner each day. Sheets, blanket, pillow, and towel are provided. Students also have access to laundry facilities.
Advance reservations are required in order to guarantee a homestay for the first session of attendance.
Choosing to live with an American host family is the very best way to improve your English and develop lasting friendships here in the United States.