The following resources are applicable to Cooperating Teachers. Please see appropriate Student Teaching Handbooks below for definitions of these roles.
Cooperating Teacher Resources
- Student Teacher Classroom Observation Form (COF) for Cooperating Teachers (Will be available soon).
- Mid-Term Assessment: Knowledge, Skills, and Dispositions
Although this form does not have to be submitted to the university, please complete it prior to a three-way conference at mid-semester with the student teacher and student teacher’s mentor. Only the Student Teaching Mentor submits the form.
You can upload your contract at the below to initiate payment
Student Teaching Handbooks
Important procedures related to the student teaching placement, including timelines, roles of the student teacher, cooperating teacher and university supervisor, lesson plans, observation forms, lesson plans, and certification are contained in the Student Teaching handbooks below.
- PK-12 Student Teaching Handbook
- PK-8 and 7-12 Special Education Student Teaching Handbook
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Special Education Student Teaching Handbook
Co-Teaching Model of Student Teaching
Many school districts are reluctant to release full responsibility to student teachers, and prefer the Co-Teaching Model of Student Teaching. Below are important resources to improve classroom instruction by utilizing both the cooperating teacher and the student teacher for instruction.
*The Academy for Co-Teaching, St. Cloud State University