Business Information and Technology Society
The Business Information and Technology Society (BITS) is a student-run organization for Decision Sciences, Information Systems, and Business Intelligence & Analytics students. Our goal is to foster a deeper understanding of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. We explore career opportunities by sponsoring networking events, on-campus guest lectures, field trips, classroom speakers. BITS maintains contacts with local organizations that actively hire for summer internships, co-op, part-time, and full-time employment. Participants will gain a wealth of real-world experience and applications to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics theories learned in class.
BITS student officers for 2017 – 2018:
- Claudia Deegan: President email@example.com
- Colin Lake: Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conlan McAndrew: Treasurer email@example.com
- Devin Irish : Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Ringle: Service/BLC Chair email@example.com
Faculty Mentor: Dr. Katie Campbell Garwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The BITS schedule is below and updates will be announced via email. Generally, the meetings occur over Free Periods on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The upcoming semester will include networking events, speakers, career fair, visualization, and service events.
PB&J Events: Every other Friday (11:30am) starting September 8th, the BITS organization will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for homeless shelters in Philadelphia. These events are open to any SJU student, faculty, or staff. Come get to know others in the BIA and across the University as we work together to make sandwiches for those in need!
Want to join us and have emails sent to you directly before each event? Email Devin at email@example.com
Have an employer who would like to come speak with us or a specific company you would like to see us bring in – email us now and we will extend an invitation (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
BITS scheduled activities for Spring 2018:
- January 18th – EDI at Free Period
- January 22th – Tableau User Group
- January 25th – Student Intern Q&A Forum
- January 26th – PB&J: come volunteer to make sandwiches for the poor
- February 6th – SAP at Free Period
- February 9th – PB&J: come volunteer to make sandwiches for the poor
- February 19th – Tableau User Group
- February 23rd – PB&J: come volunteer to make sandwiches for the poor
- February 27th – Comcast at Free Period with the Accounting Society
- March 6th – Seer Interactive at Free Period
- March 19th – Tableau User Group
- March 23rd – PB&J: come volunteer to make sandwiches for the poor
- March 27th – Speaker (Wawa or other – check back) at Free Period
- April 16th – Tableau User Group
- April 17th – BITS Elections for Executive Board
- April 20th – PB&J: come volunteer to make sandwiches for the poor
- May 4th – End of the year Celebration