Business Information and Technology Society
The Business Information and Technology Society (BITS) is a student-run organization for Decision Sciences, Information Systems, and Business Intelligence & Analytics students. Our goal is to foster a deeper understanding of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. We explore career opportunities by sponsoring networking events, on-campus guest lectures, field trips, classroom speakers. BITS maintains contacts with local organizations that actively hire for summer internships, co-op, part-time, and full-time employment. Participants will gain a wealth of real-world experience and applications to Business Intelligence and Data Analytics theories learned in class.
BITS student officers for 2017 – 2018:
- Claudia Deegan: President email@example.com
- Colin Lake: Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conlan McAndrew: Treasurer email@example.com
- Elizabeth Bouvette: Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Ringle: Service/BLC Chair email@example.com
Faculty Mentor: Dr. Katie Campbell Garwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The BITS schedule is below and updates will be announced via email. Generally, the meetings occur over Free Periods on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The upcoming semester will include networking events, speakers, career fair, visualization, and service events.
PB&J Events: Every other Friday (11:30am) starting September 8th, the BITS organization will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for homeless shelters in Philadelphia. These events are open to any SJU student, faculty, or staff. Come get to know others in the BIA and across the University as we work together to make sandwiches for those in need!
Want to join us and have emails sent to you directly before each event? Email Elizabeth at email@example.com.
Have an employer who would like to come speak with us or a specific company you would like to see us bring in – email us now and we will extend an invitation (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
BITS scheduled activities for Fall 2017:
- Aug 31st – Student Activities Fair
- Sept 6 – Tom O Hara 5pm to 6:15pm (Mandeville, room 295)
- Sept 12th – PwC (Tuesday) in the Teletoriumm
- Sept 14th – Career Fair
- Sept 15th – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor.
- Sept 19th – Ernst and Young (EY) MV 103
- Sept 26 – Cassie Beck 5pm to 6:15pm (J&J) (Mandeville, room 295)
- Sept 28th – Johnson & Johnson information session
- Sept 29th – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor
- Oct 19th – Nest Facility management
- Oct 20th – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor.
- Oct 24 – Tech & Data Analytics Night is set for 5:30-7pm
- Oct 25th – Wednesday night – 6pm Tableau Users Group Philly. There will be 50 to 70 working individuals who do Tableau on a daily basis looking to meet and network with SJU students as future employees. Please register as seating will be limited. Pizza and pretzels will be served!
- Oct 30th – Flyers event in afternoon. Registration includes tickets to the game that night. We are working to try and get school transportation TO the event. Please email Dr. Campbell if you are planning to attend
- Nov 3rd – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor.
- Nov 14th – Qlik presentation
- Nov 17th – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor.
- Dec 1st – Volunteer activity – come make PB&J sandwiches for the poor.
Other unscheduled events:
- Wawa – TBD