Elefterios Lazaridis (QVC, West Chester, PA)

During the summer of 2016, I was given the opportunity to become the Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) Intern at QVC’s headquarters. It was an eleven-week internship and I had to make sure that I met the expectations of both the EPM organization and QVC’s internship program competition. During the internship, I demonstrated competencies in leadership, building relationships, communication, and producing quality results on schedule that met stakeholders’ requirements. My primary goal was to build a website for QVC’s Enterprise Portfolio Planning & Prioritization Process. This process provides QVC’s employees with a way to submit their project idea to QVC’s leadership and ask for their approval to start their project. They could say “yes”, “no”, or “maybe later”. Through Share Point, I created a workflow to make it easy for anyone at QVC to submit a request to start a project.

I used traditional project management process (PMP) and systems development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology to deliver an interim solution (to be used by all of QVC) that met stakeholder requirements by the August 12, 2016 deadline. In addition, I recommended a solution for the future, which is based on analysis of two tools (Coupa vs. Appian) that QVC purchased some time ago. During the life of the interim solution project, I seamlessly played multiple project roles: Project Manager, Business Analyst, Technical Lead, Developer & Tester, Documenter, and Trainer. I educated myself in utilization of the tools used to build the solution via: (1) SharePoint Site administration training; (2) myQVC intranet configuration tool training; (3) self-education of SharePoint Designer tool & SharePoint 2007; and (4) capitalizing on prior html, CSS, Javascript, and Visio knowledge.