Edith Castro (Blue Golf, Wayne, PA)

During the summer of 2015, I was a member of the Blue Golf Software Development team. At Blue Golf, I acted in the capacity of software developer, business analyst, and software tester. Along with my vast work experiences, I brought formal knowledge in software development and database management to BlueGolf. I was able to leverage existing strengths and gain experience, particularly in software development. I obtained practical skills in both structured and object oriented programing languages.

In my testing role, which involved finding bugs in java programs, I also proposed recommendations for enhancing the functionality of those programs, as well as the design of the application interface. As time progressed, I became a reliable member of the software development team and the opportunities to become more hands-on in developing in Java increased. One of the areas in which I excelled is business process analysis. I gathered requirements from the staff and developed solutions to meet those requirements. Working at BlueGolf as an intern has been an enriching experience. Some of the lessons I have learned include: navigating various areas in a software development company, brainstorming and implementing solutions to programing issues with colleagues.