Sonia Parikh, Starship Health Technologies, LLC, Plymouth Meeting, PA

Starship Health Technologies, LLC, is a research and development based company. Starship works on combining the universe of scientific technological and engineering methods to find solutions for overcoming the key challenges to improve accountability, coordination, communication, and mobility in health care. Starship works in the following areas: social/behavioral science research, supportive technology development, advanced learning technologies, and human-centered design and development.

During the summer of 2016, I worked in the field of mobile application development. I was responsible for creating iOS and android applications from scratch for the Diabetes Networking Tool (DNT). I used react native framework by Facebook for development of mobile applications. During my work, I utilized react concepts like JSX (JavaScript Syntax Extension), components, state and props. I coordinated with the medical research remote team at Johns Hopkins University. I got the chance to work on requirement analysis, planning, technical analysis, design, code, debug, and test mobile applications. I collaborated with a graphic designer on creating an innovative wireframe design solution.