Lixia Zhao (SAP, Newtown Square, PA)

This was my first working experience in a corporate environment. During my three-month internship, I worked on a variety of projects. Almost all the projects were relevant to the SAP star product, SAP HANA platform, which is a memory data management platform. It is the fastest growing database in the relational database management systems (RDBMS) market.

The majority of my assignments involved creating documentation to present the packaged HANA solutions as well as implementing related SQL Scripts. The purpose of the documentations was to perform time and cost estimation, to outline the features and tools of the solutions, as well as to illustrate the graphic landscape of these solutions. These documentations will be shown to SAP potential customers. By the end of my internship, I completed 11 packaged solutions and customized four among the 11 solutions based on the requested from potential customers. These solutions cover wide range of aspects of HANA platform, such as HANA architecture, HANA data provisions, backup and security solution, solutions of fixing bugs in HANA, HANASQL Script, integration HANA with other SAP products, for instance ERP, its front-end tools, such as SAPUI5 or Fiori, SAP data analytical tools, or other outside products, such as oracle database. Other projects included monitoring North America HANA Enterprise Cloud(HEC) dashboard and creating weekly report, providing file synchronization solution for an internal wiki webpage, etc.