Krzysztof Kurzyna (Arris Group Inc., Philadelphia, PA)

My Internship was at Arris Group Inc. ARRIS Group Inc., which is a telecommunications equipment manufacturing company that provides cable operators with high-speed data, video and telephony systems for homes and businesses. My involvement was in the data and video service integration part of the business. The Main part of my internship revolved around performing integration between multiple software systems.

Integration is the function of two pieces of software communicating with one another either using third party translation software or a direct driver integrated in the software. The software we integrated with was the ARRIS Converged Edge Router (E6000) and the skyline Dataminer. The E6000 is a converged Edge Router. It is physical hardware which enables the conversion between RF (Radio Frequency) and IP. This main hardware allows home/business users to connect to the internet through an ISP such as Comcast or Verizon. The main task of my internship was to interact with the two groups and our customer to create the specific requirements which needed to be integrated between E6000 and DataMiner. I communicated with both groups to create rules, SNMP OID monitors, trap lists, GUI layouts for the DataMiner Agent (DMA). This was the main part I helped to contribute in the entire phase of the project.