Hima Bindu Gowda (Linx/AS)

Within my study Computer science, I am interested in designing front end (UI) for applications. It was a great opportunity for me to do a 3 month internship on front end designing with the company LINX-AS. The internship was concentrated on developing scripts using GuiXT (it is a client-server system developed by Synactive, Inc. it provides user-interface customization to SAP standard screens). In the beginning I had set several goals regarding the improvement of knowledge on different SAP modules, improving communication skills and also learn about the business overview of the company.

During my work period several activities have contributed to achieve a number of goals. I had an opportunity to learn GuiXT from the team, I worked with who have experience in GuiXT and many SAP modules. I participated in training sessions for ABAP which was very informative.

The session included teaching the concepts and also practice sessions from the examples. I also had an opportunity to work on a few ABAP function modules. I had a great experience working in a team. The internship was a useful experience. I have found out what my strengths and weaknesses are; I gained new knowledge and skills and met many new people. I achieved many of my learning goals. At last this internship has given me new insights and motivation to pursue a career in computer science. To prepare myself for my future career I can improve several things. I can work on my Communication skills so that I am able to present and express myself more confidently. I could take more courses related to my field of work and I can practice by taking up interesting projects.