The Hill at Whitemarsh is seeking a bright, motivated, and hard – working individual for a communications internship within the Resident Services Department. The Communications Intern will have the opportunity to develop skills useful in an internal communications setting including, but not limited to graphic design, photography, copy editing, scheduling, interpersonal collaboration, and program development.
– Produce flyers, posters, and other minor publication materials as needed by the department
– Edit and proofread various types of copy
– Assist the Communications Coordinator with the production of the monthly newsletter (The View)
– Assist the Communications Coordinator with the production of the monthly activity calendar
– Assist the Communications Coordinator with the maintenance of the in-house informational television station and resident website
– Assist the Resident Services Department with various events and planning
– Photograph in-house events as needed (camera will be provided)
– Develop a proposal for a long-term communications related project to be completed by the Internship’s end.
– Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills
– Candidate must be able to work independently
– Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university, preferable with a major in the communications field (journalism, communications, etc.)
– Familiarity with Adobe InDesign (graphic experience is a plus, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a plus)
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Candidate must be able to provide own transportation
– Candidate must be available to work at least 8 hours per week
Interested applicants should email Jon Vander Lugt at email@example.com with a resume and two writing samples attached. The deadline to apply for the fall semester is July 31, 2016.