Position Summary: WXPN is seeking a Social Media intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. Interns are expected to have experience with most social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.) on at least a personal level (use in a professional setting preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into the overall WXPN brand, including World Cafe and The Key. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided), and then carry them out (both independently and in collaboration). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase engagement.
Hours: 10-12 hours/week; days & times flexible based on student availability.
- Creating new content across social media platforms
- Uploading videos, images, downloads, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team.
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload content using Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, Tumblr, Facebook (minor video editing skills are a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design and visual
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred – how to use wordpress, twitter and tumblr.
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to write Facebook and Tumblr posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh, fun ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
Application Requirements: If applicant has experience doing social media for school organizations, other internships, etc., please submit examples of this work in addition to a resume and application form.