Build Your Resume
- Learn a host of job-search skills, from writing an effective resume to interviewing well.
- Apply classroom knowledge to the workplace and workplace knowledge to the classroom.
- Engage in relevant, challenging, paid work rotations (current pay range is $10 to $20 an hour).
- Utilize their technical skills.
Gain Exposure to the Workplace
- Discover how to earn trust in the workplace.
- Experience the day-to-day rewards, successes and challenges of the workplace.
- Build confidence and maturity.
- Test a career choice while still in college.
- Learn the value of teamwork, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Gain ethical and professional insights.
- Receive first-hand understanding of and knowledge in a given profession.
Gain Real Work Experience
- The Co-op program at SJU unites the classroom and the workplace by giving students two full-time, paid work opportunities, creating one full year of job experience while they are still in college.
- By participating in Co-op, students are exposed to job opportunities that are educationally enriching and professionally meaningful.
Get Ahead in Your Career Goals
- Participate in the usual University activities, such as student government, Greek life, study abroad, select sports, honor and professional societies and so forth.
- Gain one year of full-time work experience in four years without extending the graduation date.
- Be substantially more competitive job candidates upon graduation.
Graduate in Four Years
- SJU’s format allows students to graduate in four years, even while earning one year of valuable work experience.
- The first Co-op experience takes place during the fall of the sophomore year and the second takes place from January to the summer just prior to the senior year.
Available to a Variety of Majors
- The Co-op Program is operated within the Haub School of Business.
- It is open to any student majoring in a buisness field, including students in the College of Arts and Sciences who have a double major in a business field. Majors include:
|Accounting||Leadership, Ethics and Organizational Sustainability|
|Business Administration||Managing Human Capital|
|Family Business and Entrepreneurship||Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing|
|Finance||Risk Management and Insurance|
|Food Marketing*||Sports Marketing|
|International Business||College of Arts & Sciences / HSB double majors|
*Food Marketing students can also participate in co-op through partnerships in that department.