SJU China Office Graduate Student Program welcomes applications from students who:
- Have a good academic standing in their home university (GPA 3.0 and above)
- Have TOEFL 80 and above or IELTS 6.5 and above, or CET BAND 6 or have passed CET BAND 4 and attend SJU Summer Bridging Program
- Have GMAT 550 and above
- Are recommended by our partner universities in China
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Our programs fill up quickly, so please apply early.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Read our website for information including deadlines, dates and costs.
- Fill out an online application form and upload supplemental materials (see “Application Requirements” below).
- Submit your complete application online.
- If you are accepted to our program, we will send you an acceptance e-mail with details on how to create a SJU student account.
- After you are accepted, you need an I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa (see “I20 Application Requirements” below).
- Once you receive your I20 in email, you will follow the instructions on paying the SEVIS I-901 feeand preparing for your F-1 visa interview appointment. Original I-20 will be mailed to your university coordinator.
- After you have been accepted, get ready to come to SJU reading our information about arrivaland housing.
To apply, please submit the following items online:
- Completed online application form
- Non-refundable application feeof $35 USD (waived for students from partner university)
- Express mail fee for I20of $40 USD (waived for students from partner university)
- Official transcripts in English and your native language (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Official English Proficiency Proof
- Two (2) letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL 80 and above or IELTS 6.5 and above, or CET BAND 6 or CET BAND 4 plus attending SJU Summer Bridging Program
- Official GMAT scores 550 and above* (test must be taken within the last 7 years)
- An official course-by-course evaluation of undergraduate and graduate education
The course by course undergraduate and graduate transcript evaluation must be performed by a NACES approved international credential evaluation service such WES (www.wes.org) or ECE (www.ece.org) OR applicants may submit original transcripts along with the English translation to be evaluated by the Graduate Operations office of Saint Joseph’s University.
- Copy of the page in your passportwith your picture, name, and birthdate (to apply for I20)
- Official bank statement(less than six months old) and letter of sponsorship (if sponsored) confirming you have the funds necessary to cover all tuition and living expenses while you are in the U.S. Both documents must be in English. We accept photocopies, but please be ready to provide originals if asked. Please refer to the Program Details page for estimated costs per semester. Contact us if you have questions about the funds that must be demonstrated for your program (to apply for I20)
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about applying to the VSP.