To pave the way for the maintenance of departmental web pages by our administrative assistants, an HTML class was conducted by Enrico Capitan for all Administrative Assistants in the College of Arts & Sciences on January 13, 2009. Anne Szewczyk will follow up with a private tutoring session of the Content Management System (CMS). The feedback from our Administrative Assistants for the HTML class is overwhelmingly positive. Anne looks forward to the CMS tutoring sessions with our Administrative Assistants.
The following topics were covered in the HTML class:
- The meaning of HTML
- The how to create an HTML document
- The basic elements of an HTML document
- How to add headings and paragraphs
- How to add line breaks
- How to add non-breaking spaces
- How to add emphasis to your text
- About file structure
- How to add links to other pages
- How to work with images using built-in tools
- How to add images
- How to use lists
SUMMARY: Bellarmine 312 and 315 have each received installation of a new data projector
- Bellarmine 312’s new NEC projector is more dependable and has a noticeably clearer picture.
- Bellarmine 315 received installation of a complete projection system. After a few years of not having a data projector (due to theft), BE315 is better than ever.
- More convenient options for sharing the teacher’s screen with the students
- An improved method for viewing DVDs and videos in lab
- Laptop hookup that would be beneficial for both professor and student presentations
- High-quality speakers placed in locations throughout the lab to provide an optimal audio experience
- A user-friendly touch screen panel
The new Faculty Annual Report Online was launched on January 12, 2009. It provides faculty an easy to use and efficient means to fill out and submit their faculty annual reports. It also allows the data of faculty annual reports to be stored in a central repository on the IT secure server. It eliminates redundancy and duplicate email attachments to the chairs and the Dean. As it is paperless, it has the additional advantage of being green.
We would appreciate your feedback so we can make improvements to Faculty Annual Report Online. Please email your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your feedback on the online Faculty Annual Reports. We have posted your questions and comments at:
The 2009 Online Faculty Annual Report is now available for access and updates. Faculty members can conveniently update their Faculty Annual Report throughout the year in preparation for its submission next year: the deadline is February 15, 2010.