In order to take courses elsewhere, you must obtain approval using this two-part process. This process must be completed for each course you are requesting to take elsewhere. Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start date for the class. A syllabus of the course you are requesting is required.
- Download or pick up the signature form (online, CAS Advising BL117, or the HSB Leahy Advising Center MV 150)
- Identify the course you would like to take and obtain the course syllabus.
- [This step is required only if you are requesting to take a business course] Submit this form and a course description/syllabus to the Chair of the relevant department in HSB to get confirmation on course equivalency.
- Obtain your advisor’s approval and signature.
- If the course is required for your major/minor, obtain the department chair’s approval and signature.
- Once the signatures are obtained, complete this online form.
- Upload the advisor/chair signature document through the online form.
- Upload the course syllabus through the online form.
After both parts are completed, the Associate Dean will review for approval. Approval may take up to two weeks to complete. You will be notified via email regarding the outcome.