The Career Development Center strives to prepare and empower students and alumni to discern and achieve professional goals throughout their lifetime. Through the development of meaningful and productive relationships with industry and campus partners, we connect students and alumni with experiential and professional opportunities and resources.
Services Offered by the Career Development Center:
The Career Development Center assists students of all majors and class years. Below is a list of our services:
- Individual Career-Counseling Appointments (in-person, phone & video)
- Lifelong Career Planning Assistance for students and alumni
- Drop-In Centers for Resume and Cover Letter Critiques and Quick Questions
- Mock Interviews
- Choosing/Changing Your Major Assistance
- Graduate/Professional School Advising
- Career Assessments
- Networking with Alumni utilizing SJU Connects and SJU Hawk Career Network in LinkedIn
- Listings for Full and Part-Time Jobs and Internships in Handshake
- Career Fairs
- On-Campus Interviewing for Interns and Graduating Students
- Workshops and Events
It is recommended that you schedule an appointment to individually discuss your career development with a staff member. An appointment is designed to address all aspects of career development such as choosing a major, career changing, networking, resume writing, cover letter writing, interviewing, finding internships, job searching, and applying to graduate school. Please note that appointments involving assessments require at least two meetings. Login to Handshake to schedule an appointment.
If you have a quick question or need your resume or cover letter critiqued, just drop in. No appointment necessary.
Hours and Location:
Career Development Center: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 1:00 PM - 3:45 PM; Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30-12:15
Handshake: Job & Internship Postings, Employers, Career Events
Handshake hosts a variety of positions including full time, part-time, internship, volunteer/service and on campus job opportunities. In addition, the system hosts on-campus interviewing opportunities with employers for internships and full time jobs, as well as the ability to RSVP to career events. To login, click here.