The Fall 2021 Career Fair will take place on Tuesday, September 14; Time: TBD.
It’s time to set up your schedule for the fair. Follow these steps to set up your schedule and ensure you and your colleagues are set up for success on the day of the fair!
Step 1: Set Up Your Schedule
You can schedule 30-minute group meetings with students or 10 minute 1:1s during the fair. Please watch the following video or reference the following article detailing how to set up your schedule on Handshake.
*NOTE: Only the fair registrant will be able to set the schedule for all company representatives. If you realize this should be someone else after the registration has been created, you can reach out to Career Services to request a change to the Schedule Owner.
- Group Sessions
- Group sessions are 30 minutes long by default, and each organization registration includes an unlimited amount of 30 minute sessions, whether Handshake Video or an external provider is used.
- Note: The purpose of group sessions is to share general information and answer questions about your company and the jobs and internship opportunities you offer. These sessions are open to all class years and majors.
- 1:1 Sessions
- 1:1 sessions let your team members meet with individual, qualified students for 10 minute video conversations. All 1:1 sessions are 10 minutes long and cannot be changed.
- Note: While employers will have the opportunity to set preferences on their 1:1 meetings to efficiently use virtual interaction time, we are encouraging employers to keep these conversations open to as many students as possible.
Step 2: Company Representatives Claim Schedules
Once the fair registrant has created schedules for the organization, your colleagues will be able to claim their individual schedules. They will receive an automated email when the schedule has been confirmed by the creator (the last step of creation), and they can click the link in the email to claim the schedule. Alternatively, the company representative can login to Handshake, navigate to the fair, then click on the Schedules tab to claim their schedule.
*NOTE: If a company representative does not claim their schedule then it will not be available for students to sign up for sessions. For more information on this process, please refer to this article.
Managing Schedule Changes
Any changes that need to be made to the schedule may only be made by the fair registrant (also known as Schedule Owner). This individual will be able to manage group sessions and add/remove 1:1 session preferences. This article provides information on schedule management.
Ensure your device and browser are set up for success
Preparing for day-of, make sure you meet the right requirements to use audio and video smoothly. It's a good idea to log in to the session early on the day of the fair to grant permissions needed by your computer/browser and test audio, video, and screen sharing! Handshake Video Requirements
Please make sure to download Google Chrome Browser before the Career Fair. You may experience technical difficulties using other browsers.
Please watch the following videos or reference the following article detailing what the day of the fair will look like:
In order to access the fair on the day of the event, please use this link. If this link does not work, follow these steps:
- Log into Handshake
- Select "Fairs" from the lefthand navigation of your account
- Type "Saint Joseph's University" into the search box
- Select "Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fair"
*NOTE: Students will not be able to join sessions until the employer host has launched the session. Please launch sessions at least five minutes in advance.
Please review student Handshake profiles prior to 1:1 sessions.
Has Handshake thought of how this feature will accommodate the needs of small local employers as well as massive employers?
- Scheduling will honor employer preferences. For smaller and local employers we will recommend group sessions to reach as many students as possible. A large employer may have the resources to send multiple representatives that can create 1:1 availability throughout the day.
How will employers and students connect?
- There are two modes of virtual fair engagement:
- 30-minute group sessions
- Handshake video: can support up to 50 participants total
- External video platform link: if the employer prefers their own video platform for large group sessions or expects to engage with more than 50 participants in group sessions
- 10 minute 1:1 sessions
- Hosted via Handshake video or external video platform (can be changed to an external link individually after the schedule is created).
- 30-minute group sessions
- The length of both of these sessions cannot be updated in the first version of virtual fairs.
Can I ask custom questions before students sign up for 1:1 sessions?
- No, employers can’t ask custom questions as a part of student registration.
Will students or employers be able to leave or join a session after it's started?
- Students can leave sessions up until the time that it is scheduled. We will show them a warning whenever they cancel a session, to promote professional behavior.
- For the initial release, students will not be able to join a session after it has started.
What happens if one of my team representatives has to cancel their attendance?
- The employer will need to cancel any specific sessions for that rep and add a different person to the fair for 1:1s, or they may transfer a 1:1 schedule to a colleague that isn't already selected to participate in the fair.
- For group sessions, they could just add the new representative.