For information on these and all other career events, check out the Events section on your Handshake account!
Several careers fairs, open to all majors, are offered annually. The College of Arts and Sciences and Haub School of Business Career Fair takes place twice a year in September and February. Each fair attracts over 200 employers representing diverse industries and organizations recruiting for full-time, internship, co-op, part-time, and volunteers/service opportunities.
The Social Impact Fair, held annually in the spring focuses on social and community impact opportunities.
The DVEC Teacher Job Fair, also in the spring, hosts 200+ employers seeking certified educators for positions in teaching, counseling, and administration. Before attending a career fair, check out these tips to ensure that you have a productive and positive experience.
Upcoming Career Fairs:
- The Fall 2020 Career Fair will be held on Thursday, September 17th. No registration is required and you can view registered employers through your Handshake account. Never attended before? Check out these tips.
- DVEC Teacher Job Fair: Wednesday, April 1st from 9:30AM - 2:30PM at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center. To buy tickets before hand, and gain early access to the fair at 9:30 am, stop by the Career Development Center or the Education Office between now and Friday, March 27th. Tickets are only $5.00.
- Social Impact Fair: see below Brazen Events for more info
Virtual networking chats and career fairs powered by Brazen allow you to connect with SJU alumni from the comfort of your dorm room or home! Engage in conversation through the platform and at the end of the event you will receive a log of your conversations and the information you need to conduct follow-up. Brazen events are held each semester.
Spring 2020 Brazen Events:
- Social Impact Virtual Career Fair
- Monday, March 30th 12:00PM-2:00PM EST
- Health and Human Services
- Tuesday, March 31st 12:00PM-2:00PM EST
- Government, Military, NGO's
- Thursday, April 2nd 12:00PM-2:00PM EST
- Activism, Volunteering, Foundations, Other
- Thursday, April 3rd 12:00PM-2:00PM EST
- It's Not Too Late Virtual Career Fair
- Tuesday, April 7th 10:00AM-12:00PM EST
Professional representatives from six industry clusters join us on campus for networking events throughout they year. The opportunities allow students from all class years and all majors to meet with SJU alumni and employers to explore options, network, and learn about career paths.
Spring 2020 Meet-Ups:
Talk with Hawks: Creating Professional Connections
This highly engaging program is described by past participants as the most transformational 90 minutes of their lives. With the support of alumni, parents, and friends of the University, students learn how to make professional connections and the art of engaging conversations while building relationships and getting career advice.
Spring 2020 Event:
- Tuesday, January 28th at 6:00PM EST
CampusPhilly is a nonprofit organization focused on encouraging students to live and work in the Greater Philadelphia tri-state region. Their industry specific, Launch Events are a great way to meet professionals in the area who can support your career exploration and job/internship search.
Find descriptions of these events and registration information here.
Professional Dress Pop-Up Shop
The Professional Dress Pop-Up Shop is an event that offers free professional clothing to SJU students.
The Career Development Center and the students of the American Marketing Association have teamed up with Target to help all Hawks dress for success. SJU students can shop interview-ready clothing prior to the Career Fair and on-campus networking events.