For information on these and all other career events, check out the Events section on your Handshake account!
Several careers fairs, open to all majors, are offered annually. The College of Arts and Sciences and Haub School of Business Career Fair takes place twice a year in September and February. Each fair attracts over 200 employers representing diverse industries and organizations recruiting for full-time, internship, co-op, part-time, and volunteers/service opportunities.
The Social Impact Fair, held annually in the spring focuses on social and community impact opportunities.
The DVEC Teacher Job Fair, also in the spring, hosts 200+ employers seeking certified educators for positions in teaching, counseling, and administration. Before attending a career fair, check out these tips to ensure that you have a productive and positive experience.
Spring 2019 Career Fairs:
- The College of Arts and Sciences and Haub School of Business Career Fair for Spring 2019 will be held on Thursday, February 14. No registration is required and you can view registered employers through your Handshake account. Never attended before? Check out these tips.
- Campus Philly Online Intern Fair - March 19 - March 29. Find more information here.
- Social Impact Fair - Friday, March 29 and Tuesday, April 2
- DVEC Teacher Job Fair - Wednesday, April 3 from 9:30-2:30. Purchase tickets for 5$ at the Career Development Center. Access the list of employers attending here.
- Philly Main-Line Health Expo - Thursday, April 4
- It's Not Too Late, Spring Virtual Career Fair - Thursday, April 11
Virtual networking chats and career fairs powered by Brazen allow you to connect with SJU alumni from the comfort of your dorm room or home! Engage in conversation through the platform and at the end of the event you will receive a log of your conversations and the information you need to conduct follow-up. Brazen events are held each semester.
Spring 2019 Brazen Events:
- International Student and Alumni Virtual Networking Chat, Wednesday, January 30; 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM; Register here.
- Politics, Government, Law, and Law Enforcement Virtual Networking Chat, Wednesday, March 20; 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM; Registration coming soon.
- Social Impact Fair, Tuesday, April 2 from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm. Registration for Government, Military and NGO's. Registration for Non-Profit, Activism, Volunteering, and Foundations
- It's Not Too Late, Spring Online Career Fair, Thursday, April 11 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. Registration information here.
CampusPhilly is a nonprofit organization focused on encouraging students to live and work in the Greater Philadelphia tri-state region. Their industry specific, Launch Events are a great way to meet professionals in the area who can support your career exploration and job/internship search.
Spring 2019 Launch Events:
Wired:Philly - Thursday, February 7 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM;
Intern:Philly - Tuesday, March 19 - Friday, March 29; Virtual event
Find descriptions of these events and registration information here.
Professional representatives from six industry clusters join us on campus for networking events throughout they year. The opportunities allow students from all class years and all majors to meet with SJU alumni and employers to explore options, network, and learn about career paths.
Spring 2019 Meet-Ups:
Science and Health: Thursday, February 7; 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM in the Doyle Banquet Hall
Politics, Government, Law and Law Enforcement: Wednesday, March 20; 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM virtual event, powered by Brazen
Talk with Hawks: Creating Professional Connections
This highly engaging program is described by past participants as the most transformational 90 minutes of their lives. With the support of alumni, parents, and friends of the University, students learn how to make professional connections and the art of engaging conversations while building relationships and getting career advice.
Fall 2019 date:
This event happens each fall. Date for Fall 2019: TBD