On June 15, 2020, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects employees from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
How can the Career Development Center help me?
The Saint Joseph’s University Career Development Center provides a nonjudgmental and supportive environment for all students and alumni. We are aware that personal identity connects to career decisions and we are here to help you navigate this aspect of your journey. The questions and answers below are a guide that we hope gives you some insight into your career process as a member of the LGBTQ community.
Job and Internship Search
Additional Job Search Resources
- LGBTConnect – an LGBT job board for anyone seeking LGBT-friendly employers
- Out & Equal – an LGBT workplace advocacy group designed to connect the LGBT community through resources, events, and support groups
Philadelphia-based resources for LGBTQ population
- Philly Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Office of LGBT Affairs Philly
- LGBT Resource list in Philadelphia
- Transwork Philadelphia