The Career Development Center strives to prepare and empower students and alumni to discern and achieve professional goals throughout their lifetime. Through the development of meaningful and productive relationships with industry and campus partners, we connect students and alumni with experiential and professional opportunities and resources.
Services Offered by the Career Development Center:
- The Career Development Center assists students and alumni of all majors and class years. Below is a list of our services:
- Individual Career-Counseling Appointments (in-person, phone & video)
- Lifelong Career Planning Assistance for students and alumni
- Drop-Ins for Resume and Cover Letter Critiques and Quick Questions
- Mock Interviews
- Choosing/Changing Your Major Assistance
- Graduate/Professional School/Pre-Law Advising
- Career Assessments
- Networking with Alumni utilizing SJU Connects and SJU Hawk Career Network in LinkedIn
- Listings for Full and Part-Time Jobs and Internships in Handshake
- Career Fairs
- On-Campus Interviewing for Interns and Graduating Students
- Workshops and Events
See how the Career Development Center impacted students' outcomes by viewing the videos below.
HOURS & LOCATION
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Early and evening appointments offered; please login to Handshake to schedule an appointment.
Drop-ins are offered for resume critiques and quick questions on:
Directions to the Career Development Center
The Career Development Center is on the Wolfington Campus - behind the Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center at 5800 City Avenue. It is a tan brick building up the driveway that is directly across Cardinal Avenue from the Sourin/Campion lot entrance. It is building # 59 on the printable campus map PDF.
Directions to the Career Fair - Athletics Center
The Career Fair is held inside the Fieldhouse / Sports Complex. The entrance to the Fieldhouse is located on 54th Street, at the corner of City Avenue and 54th Street. View the Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse / Sports Recreation Complex on the campus map.