First Year Leadership Team is an opportunity for first-year students to:
- Develop leadership skills for ministry and service
- Take a more active role in Campus Ministry in your first year
- Build friendships and community in a context of faith
- Complete your required THE 154 course together in the Spring, taught by a campus minister
Once selected, members of the team will:
- Participate in a kickoff retreat on Friday, November 19
- Attend two faith and leadership development gatherings in the fall
- Take part in a leadership retreat evening on January 17
- Attend a full weekend retreat on February 4-6
- Participate in a final evening retreat on April 29
- Take Theology 154 (required course for all SJU students) together as a group in the second semester.
- *This class will be held at 9:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the second semester. If you are selected for the team, you will be given instructions for signing up for this course as you register for the spring semester. Please ask if you have questions – we can help work this out! If you are already taking THE 154 this fall or have an unmovable conflict, you may still apply for the team but will not participate in the course.
The formal application process for the 2021-2022 program has closed, but it is still possible to apply!
Contact Tom Sheibley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.