The First Year Leadership Team is an opportunity for freshmen to:
- Develop leadership skills for ministry and service
- Take a more active role in campus ministry in your first year
- Form friendships and community in a context of faith
- Complete your required first level theology course with other students who share your interests
The members of this team will:
- Take part in an initial overnight retreat December 1-2 (finish by noon Saturday)
- Meet weekly for faith leadership development during free period (spring)
- Attend an overnight urban plunge retreat April 6-7
- Take Theology 154 together in the spring semester*
*This class will be held at 9:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the spring semester. If you are selected for the team, you will be given instructions for signing up for this course as you register for the spring semester. Please ask if you have questions – we can help work this out! If you have already taken THE 154, you may still apply for the team but not the course.
If you are interested in being a part of the FYLT for the class of 2021, please check to confirm that you are available for the times and dates listed above.
Apply by submitting a single sheet of paper with the following information to the front desk of Wolfington Hall:
- your name, campus or local address, e-mail, and phone #
- a listing of your previous leadership and/or ministry related activities
- a maximum of 350 words (that’s only about two paragraphs!) describing an event or a person that has helped to shape you into who you are today. How have your faith, values, and relationships been influenced as a result of this experience? Be prepared to discuss what you wrote when you come in for your interview.
- Your top three choices for a 30-minute interview time. These will be casual group interviews – no need to dress up, just be yourself! The times to choose from are:
Tuesday, October 31 – 11:00am, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
Wednesday, November 1 – 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
You will be contacted to find out which interview time you have been assigned. If you are not able to list three choices, list the one or two times for which you can make it. If you are unable to make any of these times, please contact Tom Sheibley (info below) to arrange an interview.
All applications are due by Monday, October 23
Questions? Contact Tom at email@example.com