Are you paying with Loans, Grants, Scholarships or other types of Financial Aid?
View your scholarships, grants, and loans in the Financial Aid section of your Student Account or on your E-bill (your federal aid will appear as pending until the start of classes each semester). Please remember that your aid must be accepted on
The Nest each academic year.
To ensure all appropriate financial aid is awarded to you, please make sure to do the following:
- Sign the Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Entrance Counseling.
SJU recommends making your payments online. This will ensure quicker processing of your payments. Paying online with a checking account (using your routing and account numbers) is easy, and no additional fees are applied. NOTE: THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ACCEPT MONEY MARKET OR INVESTMENTS ACCOUNTS. ONLY REGULAR SAVINGS AND/OR CHECKING ACCOUNTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you wish to pay with a credit card, please note that a convenience fee (approx.. 2.99%) will be applied. All online payments will be posted immediately to the student’s account.
Looking to Pay with a Paper Check?
In order for your paper check to be processed properly, please include the bottom portion of your remittance from your Electronic Bill with your check. Always include your name and your 8 digit student ID # in the memo line of the check. Checks should be made payable to “Saint Joseph’s University” and mailed to:
SAINT JOSEPH’S UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF STUDENT ACCOUNTS
5600 CITY AVENUE – BL-122
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19131-1395
Please note that not including the remittance slip, including other documents besides the remittance slip, or sending the check via certified delivery will delay the processing of your payment.
Do you want to spread your tuition payments throughout the semester instead of paying your total out of pocket amount up front?
Payment plans are offered on a per-semester basis by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Please note that there are deadlines for enrollment and that the plans begin in advance of the semester. Please note that late enrollment in a payment plan will require your making “catch-up payments” at the time of enrollment and thus your initial payment would be larger.
For more information regarding enrollment fees and deadlines, please contact The Office of Student Accounts at 610-660-2400 or email@example.com.
Outside Scholarship Information
Congratulations! All of your hard work awarded you a scholarship from outside the University. But how does it get onto your tuition account? Follow these helpful notes:
- If the check is addressed to the Student and University, please sign the back of the check and promptly return it to the Office of Financial Aid – Attn: Scholarships for disbursement.
- For those scholarships that need to be billed, a copy of the form must be sent each semester to the Office of Financial Aid – Attn: Scholarship Billing for each semester.
Saint Joseph’s University, Attn: Office of Financial Aid, 5600 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131
Does your employer offer tuition reimbursement?
If so, there are two ways to make payment:
- Enroll in the Employer Deferral Program (PLS, HDC, & Graduates Students ONLY) through The Nest (see guidelines for application dates/deadlines). The Employer Deferral Program offers students the ability to submit their tuition for reimbursement once the course is completed. There is a $35 participation fee (each semester) for this program. To view the program guidelines and application, go to the Employer Deferral page on this website.
- Pay your tuition up front by the payment due date and upon completion of your class, obtain a Tuition Reimbursement Form from the Office of Student Accounts to be reimbursed by your employer. The Tuition Reimbursement Form lists the following information for each of your courses: subject, course number, section, course title, credits, and grade. It also lists your charges and any payments that have been made.
Please contact The Office of Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to make a wire transfer payment.