Administrators who have impacted my college career

Dr. Kim Allen-Stuck – Assistant Vice President of Student Success and Educational Support

• I think I first met Kim during Running Start when I was a freshman. She was talking to us about Student Success, time management and how to plan out schedules (If you need help with time management, go see her). For the past year, Kim has been acting as the Interim Director  of Inclusion and Diversity and she has been doing a wonderful job. I know that she loves Student Success so if we could clone her and have her run OID too, it would be exactly what the university needs. Thank you Kim, for always supporting me personally, my organizations, and the OML as a whole. You are one of the greatest support systems on this campus and there is no way that I could ever truly thank you for all that you’ve done for me and to make this university better.

Dan McDevitt – Director of Student Success & First Year Experience

• I have spent a lot of time in Dan’s office over the years. He is one of the nicest and most supportive people that I had the pleasure and privilege of getting to know at Saint Joe’s. Incoming freshmen: If you came to Admitted Students Weekend then you probably saw Dan and Alex give a presentation. I hope that you and your parents paid attention because that presentation gives you all of the information that you need to know in order to have a successful first year at SJU. Dan is also a double alum so he understands your campus experiences.

Alex Daniels-Iannucci – Assistant Director of Student Success – soon to be Associate Director of Student Success and Inclusion

• Alex is not only a very well rounded person, she is one of the best resources that you can have on campus. From just needing someone to talk to, to checking in to see how you’re doing and making sure that you have all of your stuff in order, Alex is a go to resource for many students on campus. She’s worked in Res Life, is the advisor for the Gender and Sexuality Alliance and she’s even teaching now! Alex is also a double alum and she is very well aware of the challenges and issues that students face on campus. Get to know her, you’re missing out if you don’t.

Jennifer Dessus – Program Administrator of the Ignatian College Connection – soon to be Director for Inclusion and Diversity Access Programs

• I was not in ICC but there was a lot of ICC and Running Start overlap my freshman year and Ms. Jen welcomed all of us with open arms. She’s another one of the administrators that truly cares about the success of students and is always available if you need someone to talk to or just want to hang out in her office. She does amazing work preparing high school students for college and also making sure that once you are in college you’re still succeeding. She also has a great bookshelf in her office so if you’re looking for a good book to read, you need to go see her.

Stacey Sottung – Associate Director of Student Leadership & Activities

• Stacey is such a great role model and mentor. She knows when to be tough and push you to find your strengths, but is also someone that you can have a lot of fun with. I’ve had so many wonderful opportunities and experiences from working under Stacey in SUB and all of it has not only been extremely useful, but has helped me decide what I want to do after graduation. Thank you Stace for always pushing us in the right direction, for making us learn how to adapt when everything that we’ve planned for goes wrong, and most importantly, for all of your sass!

Lisa Hansinger – Career Counselor

• I did not spend a lot of time in the Career Development Center but even if I did, Lisa would still be my favorite Career Counselor hands down. She’s so sweet and always will to help with anything that you need from running an RA program to helping you figure out your resume. I met Lisa during one fairs that we have in Campion because I had a table set up next to CDC. At that time we only talked for brief moment but from then on she always remembered me and was willing to help with anything that I needed. When you go to CDC ask for Lisa, she is the best!

Beth Hagovsky – Director of Student Leadership & Activities           

• Beth is one of the greatest people that you could ever meet at St. Joe’s. A lot of students are intimidated by her because she has such a powerful presence, but that is what I love about her the most. She’s one of those people that literally knows everything and has absolutely no time for nonsense. I definitely want to be like Beth when I grow up. Also, I don’t know what her secret is but she makes the best cookies, cakes, and mac and cheese that I have ever had. I don’t know what her secret is but I need to learn her ways.

Michael Alleruzzo – Professor in the Management Department/My Academic Advisor

• I have met a lot of students who either do not get along with their academic advisors or have never met them. That is not the case with Alleruzzo. He takes the time to sit with students and suggest classes but also always encourages you to take electives that are fun, interesting and that you will enjoy. It’s also pretty cool to have an advisor from the same hometown as you.

Dr. Shoshanna Edwards-Alexander – Professor of Educational Leadership

• When I was a freshman, Dr. Sho was the Director of the OML and also taught night class on Wednesdays. I was not in her class, but she always welcomed us to come and sit in and we did. Every week. Not many students sit in additional class just for fun. Especially not a night class, but it meant that we got to spend more time with her so we did. She has been one of my biggest support systems since I first stepped on campus and I would not have stayed at St. Joe’s if I didn’t have her to help get me through it. She has been a mentor, a shoulder to cry on and a second mom all in one. I am so lucky and thankful to have her in my life

Ms. Natalie Walker Brown – Program Administrator of the Office of Multicultural Life – soon to be Director for Student Inclusion and Diversity

• I guess I have to start by saying thank you. For encouraging us to get involved, allowing us to create and plan events for the OML, for giving us a place to call home, and for always being there for us no matter what. Natalie has pretty much been every resource that I have ever needed in college rolled into one. From working out final details of events to career advice, she has provided us with nothing but constant love and support. There are no words to describe how much she means to me and how much she has helped me these past four years. For now, the most that I can say is thank you because I would not be walking across that stage on Saturday if I did not have you supporting me all this time.

Posted in: Uncategorized