Fighting back against the April Slump

It’s grind time! During this time of year everything is coming at us all at once. We’ve got exams before finals, group projects and presentations, and term papers that we may or may not have started yet. If you’re an RA, we’ve got last minute programs and bulletin boards to submit. If you’re on an executive board, there are elections to look forward to along with any end of the year campus wide events or study breaks to plan. Of course, if you’re a senior, then we’ve got the future to think about.

This time of year can get a little overwhelming.

So how do you handle it? Remember that you are a student first. Go through your syllabi, mark your calendar with due dates, and do everything in order of when it’s due. Hopefully you’ve checked your midterm grades already, so you should know where you stand and how to keep (or get) your grades where you want them. If needed, now is the time to visit your professors during office hours. None of them want to sit in their offices bored and with nothing to do so if you visit them it’s really a win-win situation for both of you.

Then you can worry about the extracurricular stuff. For me, my biggest task is leaving my organizations in good hands. I didn’t work hard the past three years for nothing so I want to leave them with a game plan. It’s hard letting go of all of the things that I was apart for the duration of my time here, but I trust that the new eboards will make me proud.

As seniors, the biggest thing on most of our minds is the countdown to graduation. 40 days, in case you were wondering. Some of us know exactly what the future holds, some are still waiting to make a final decision and some of us haven’t quite figured it out yet. No matter what category you fall into, we are finally at the finish line. So keeping pushing through and finish the year strong. The rest will fall into place when the time is right.

Posted in: Intellectual Curiosities, Student Organizations & Clubs, Studying, Classes & Lectures