What to watch this semester

Free time in college consists of friends, video games, television, and learning. Television is considered the main staple of dorm living during down time. This is especially true during the cold winter months. If you are a college freshman one thing that you will soon discover is the power of Netflix. The online streaming site will be one of you favorite tools to utilize during your college career. Here is a list of the five top shows that I think you should be watching this upcoming school year.

1. Friends- Even though this show is over ten years old, it is still a favorite of mine. If you have never had the opportunity to view this show you do not know what you have been missing. It is truly hilarious as well as very realistic. The show ran for 10 seasons, and followed the life of six friends as they went through life as young adults. Many television experts consider it as one of the best shows ever to be on TV. Friends received positive reviews throughout its run, becoming one of the most popular sitcoms of all time. I recommend adding this to your list of “must see” shows to watch, because you will truly be engulfed in it.
  2. Breaking Bad- First off, I have to offer a disclaimer stating that I have never watched this show but, what I have heard from friends, it is not to be missed. Every person I have talked to says that this shows draws in, getting you to want more. This is the type of show has an addictive property, the kind that you could be watching for hours and you wouldn’t even realize it. If you need something that keeps you on the edge of your seat and has you wanting to get home and watch Netflix this is the show for you.
  3. Once Upon a Time- This show is a personal favorite of mine, actually in reality it is my favorite show on TV. I spent all of winter break last semester watching this show, truly engulfed in every minute of it. If you are a fan of Disney, then this is the show for you. It is kind of a Disney for adults. You will not regret spending hours in front of your TV or computer watching every minute of this show.
  4. New Girl- If you are looking for a comedy dealing with 4 male roommates and 1 female roommate this is the show for you. Fox has done it again creating a cult favorite! This is the show you need to watch if you are looking for a good laugh. After a long day of classes this is the show for you. I promise you will laugh every moment of this 30-minute sitcom. This show is also very relatable to the college student. Much like Friends, this show follows the life of 5 individuals. As you watch you will see their ups and downs, career life, relationships and the antics of their friendship but on a believable level. Take a look at this show, I promise you will not regret it.
  5. Always Sunny in Philadelphia- Are you a person that loves mindless TV? Do you like to laugh at watching people do things that make absolutely no sense? Then this is the perfect show for you. If you are looking to laugh until you cry, then this truly is the perfect show for you. This show is extremely funny and you will not be able to stop watching it, but I do have to warn this is not for the faint of heart. This show is not as they say “politically correct” it is a lighthearted humor which pokes fun at all but not in an over the top insulting way. The creators have the ability to walk that fine line, making it one of my Netflix choices.

One thing to remember when watching Netflix is please don’t get too obsessed. Go out with friends and have a good time, study, complete your projects, just don’t watch Netflix for the entire semester. Also, always remember that you are at school to learn, not to watch TV!

Posted in: Uncategorized