The Arrupe Center pursues its mission by infusing ethics into the teaching and research agendas of the Haub School of Business’ faculty, students, staff, and alumni through programs for both students and faculty.
Faculty Development Programs help our faculty to integrate business ethics with teaching and research in their disciplinary specialties.
Student Learning Programs offer developmental activities and academic exercises in ethics to provide students with ample opportunity to deepen their ethical knowledge and character.
Student and Professional Organizations, notably, Net Impact, aim to build a network that sponsors socially responsible business opportunities and that empowers students to use their entrepreneurial talents for positive change. We also support Saint Joseph’s involvement in KIVA, a not-for-profit organization that strives to alleviate global poverty through microlending, and encourage donations to the SJU Kiva community page.
Guest Speakers present rigorous analysis of ethical issues to our on- and off-campus communities.
Library Resources offer students and faculty a wealth of contemporary and scholarly resources to enhance ethical teaching and research. The Arrupe Center Collection, for example, is integrated with the vast resources in the Francis A. Drexel Library. The Drexel Library staff, including business research librarian Cynthia Slater, also provides and supports comprehensive online business ethics resources, featuring those found in the Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Guide.
Finally, the Arrupe Center also encourages the use of cases from a variety of outlets, including the following:
- Darden Business Publishing from the University of Virginia
- Business Roundtable Institute for Corporate Ethics, from the Darden School, University of Virginia
- Knowledge at Wharton from the University of Pennsylvania
- Ivey Publishing
- Harvard Business School
- CasePlace from the Aspen Institute
- Arthur Andersen Case Studies in Business Ethics from the Tepper School, Carnegie Mellon University
- Markkula Center Cases from Santa Clara University
- Case Studies in Business Ethics from Inc., the Daily Resource for Entrepreneurs
- The Beta Gamma Sigma Center for Ethical Leadership’s Source Library
- Mission-Driven Business Education Curriculum Resources from the University