The Pedro Arrupe Center for Business Ethics was founded in 2005 as an intellectual resource for business ethics. The mission of the Arrupe Center is to assure that students are equipped to engage in careful, sustained, and critical reflection on ethical issues and are prepared to use that reflection in their business decision making.
The Arrupe Center’s main strategic goals include the following:
- To support faculty research and curricular development in order to integrate ethics into the student learning experience
- To sponsor public lectures and classroom executive speakers
- To provide opportunities for student activities and to recognize student achievement in business ethics
- To advocate for integration of ethics into the Haub School business curriculum
Two-thirds of HSB faculty have participated in the Arrupe Center Fellows Program. They have produced 70 articles and 45 courses incorporating ethics.
“Today our prime educational objective must be to form men and women for others, men and women completely convinced that love of God which does not issue in justice for others is a farce.”
– Father Pedro Arrupe, in his Superior General of the Jesuits Address, 1973