American Dairy Association North East (ADA North East) is the dairy farmer-funded organization funded by participating dairy farmer’s checkoff investment to build demand and sales for milk and dairy foods throughout the local region. Representing nearly 10,000 dairy farm families in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and northern Virginia, ADA North East develops and implements local programs to drive milk and dairy sales at retail outlets and in schools. The organization also conducts consumer education about dairy through events, traditional and social media, and in collaboration with health professionals through National Dairy Council. ADA North East works closely with Dairy Management Inc., the national dairy checkoff organization, to support nutrition research, national partnerships and developing export markets for dairy to bring a fully integrated promotion program to the region. For more information, visit www.AmericanDairy.com.
2020 Dairy Product Marketing Scholarship – $3,000
American Dairy Association North East is pleased to provide financial support for students enrolled in the food marketing program at Saint Joseph’s University. Applications for this scholarship are now being accepted based on the following requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate students entering their sophomore to senior year as of Fall 2020.
- Students enrolled in a college or university in Pennsylvania or residents of Pennsylvania with an interest in the dairy marketing industry.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Completed application form (including essay responses) and one letter of recommendation (non-family, professor and/or employer references only).
- Preference shall be given to a student who has experience in the dairy industry, or who shows a preference in marketing dairy foods as part of his or her undergraduate work or future career.
- All applications must be typed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application must be COMPLETE and TYPED to be considered for this scholarship. Applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 will not be considered.
Submit completed application, essay questions, one letter of recommendation, and your most recent transcript by December 13, 2020.
Winner will be notified by January 4, 2021.