Where do Hawks land? E&J Gallo!

I am excited to say that I will be working for E & J Gallo Winery post-graduation as a sales representative. I received my job offer this past December.  E & J Gallo Winery was at the SJU career fair this past September and I walked up to their table, handed in my resume and engaged in a great conversation with the recruiters. The next day, they reached out to me about setting up an interview. I ended up going through two on-campus interviews and shadowed a sales representative for the day. After the interviews, I was flown up to Boston, MA for a conference where I learned more about the company and the opportunities they offered while also going through more interviews and meeting current E & J Gallo employees. A few days later, I received a phone call with an offer. After talking with my family and comparing it to the other offers I had on the table, we knew that there was no better place for me to start my career than E & J Gallo.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I did not come to Saint Joseph’s University, I would not be working for E & J Gallo. One word I love to use while I give campus tours is “resource” because I believe SJU has all of the resources that you will need to succeed in life after college. For me, those resources include organizations on campus that I have been able to get involved with that have allowed me to grow personally as well as professionally. Not only that, but we have a fantastic Career Development Center that has always helped me along the way, whether it was fixing up my resume or helping me prep for an interview. While I am upset that my time here on Hawk Hill is ending, I know that I would not be on the path I am currently on if not for SJU and the wonderful people I have met here.

MikeChim

Michael Chmielewski is a member of the Class of 2015 from Glassboro, New Jersey.  While at SJU, he majored in Business Administration with a minor in Communication Studies.  He was the President of Delta Sigma Pi, a Hawk Host Tour Captain, a Resident Assistant, an APEX Leader and a Communications Department Fellow.