The first bit of advice that we give to students starting their college search is to visit, visit, and visit some more! There is no better way to learn about a school than going to see it for yourself. SJU offers daily visits, Monday through Friday at 10am and 2pm, and we offer four SJU View Open House events throughout the year, one in the summer, two in the fall and one in the spring. Here are ten ways to get the most out of your day on Hawk Hill!
10. Take a tour.
Our Hawk Hosts can’t wait to show you what they love about their home!
9. Eat a Philly soft pretzel!
8. Find out what “magis” means.
And appropriately use the phrase “that’s the magis” by the end of the day.
7. Visit our favorite cheesesteak place, Larry’s, on 54th street.
It doesn’t get much better than a cheesesteak place right across the street from campus!
6. Talk to a professor at the Meet the SJU Community Fair!
Every department will be represented at our SJU View Open House events. Bring your questions!
5. Scope out your future dorm!
4. Buy your first SJU t-shirt at the book store.
And use your coupon!
3. Join in the Jesuit mission from the start by bringing a canned good to donate to Hawks Against Hunger & Philabundance.
We <3 community service.
2. Instagram campus for the first time using #visitSJU.
The first of about 1,851 times to come…
1. Fall in love with SJU.