ACESJU Teaching and Administrative Fellows:
- Work for two years in elementary and secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Diocese of Camden (New Jersey).
- Receive extensive coursework training as they work to complete a master’s degree.
- Teaching fellows earn a master's of education from Saint Joseph's University.
- Administrative fellows earn a master's in Church Management from Villanova University or a master's in Business and Strategic Leadership from Neumann University.
- Receive ongoing professional support from ACESJU staff.
- Receive opportunities for professional development from their placement schools, university, and the diocese.
- Contribute their gifts and talents to their school communities.
ACESJU Teaching Fellows are recent college graduates seeking teaching placements and certification in grades PK-12. Teaching Fellows pursue an M.S. in Education degree from Saint Joseph’s University with Level I Certification in Elementary (grades PreK-4), Middle Years (grades 4-8), or Secondary with a Content Area (grades 7-12).
Some Teaching Fellows already possess a Level I certification and pursue an additional certification (i.e., Reading Specialist, Special Education) through the ACESJU program. These degrees and certification options require certain prerequisites. Applicants pursuing a Level I Certification in Secondary Education will need to have graduated with a degree in their desired teaching field (i.e. English, History, Biology, etc.) or have a satisfactory number of credits in a given teaching field. Certain exceptions may be made for comparable courses or degrees. Interested applicants can request that the ACESJU staff review their academic background to determine if prerequisites are met.
ACESJU Administrative Fellows are recent college graduates seeking administrative placements in Catholic elementary and secondary schools and affiliated organizations in the Philadelphia area. Administrative fellows will pursue a Master’s of Science degree in Church Management from Villanova University or a Master's of Science degree in Business and Strategic Leadership from Neumann University.
Administrative fellows are placed in a variety of positions designed to support the educational mission of the placement school or organization. Some examples are campus ministry, fundraising/development, admissions/enrollment, student affairs, and athletics.
For more information about our next cohort, please see Applicant Information.