Saint Joseph’s University is committed to its Jesuit mission through the vigorous pursuit of truth, driven by innovative pedagogy and supported by accomplished research and scholarship. We prepare our students to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century through a variety of learning environments in order to prepare them for the life-long practice of engaged citizenship in service to the common good.
The Office of the Provost oversees Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and Student Life, each supported by an Associate Provost. From matriculation to graduation, the Provost’s staff works to enhance every aspect of a student’s experience at Saint Joseph’s University.
Jeanne F. Brady, Ph.D., professor of educational leadership, serves as the first female provost in the history of Saint Joseph’s University. As the chief academic officer, she is responsible for providing the academic vision and setting the strategic goals for the University.
Dr. Brady arrived at SJU in 1999 as assistant professor of education. She earned tenure in 2002 and was promoted to full professor in 2007. She has researched and published extensively in the areas of curriculum theory and educational leadership. Additionally, Dr. Brady has served in a variety of administrative roles, including director of the interdisciplinary doctoral program in educational leadership, director of graduate education in the College of Arts & Sciences, chair of the education department, associate dean, and interim dean of the College of Arts & Sciences.
Dr. Brady earned her Ph.D. in educational leadership at Miami University-Ohio, where she also completed her master’s degree. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in education from Boston University. She began her career as a teacher before joining the faculty at Pennsylvania State University in 1992.
Office of the Provost
- Jeanne F. Brady, Ph.D., Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Paul F. Aspan, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Support
- Cary Anderson, Ed.D., Vice President and Associate Provost for Student Life
- Robert McBride, Associate Provost for Enrollment Management
- Dawn M. Burdsall, Ed.D., Assistant Provost for Business and Analytics
- Peter J. McLallen, Ph.D., Assistant Provost for Online Education
- Monica L. Nixon, Ed.D., Assistant Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
- Melissa L. McClory, Director of Administrative Operations, Academic Affairs
- Margaret Ryan-Atkinson, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Provost
- Beth Moran, Senior Administrative Assistant II, Office of the Provost