Saint Joseph’s University is committed to its Jesuit mission through the vigorous pursuit of truth, driven by innovative pedagogy and supported by accomplished research and scholarship. We prepare our students to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century through a variety of learning environments in order to prepare them for the life-long practice of engaged citizenship in service to the common good.
The Office of the Provost oversees Academic Affairs, including Faculty and Academic Support, Assessment and Strategic Planning and Student Life, each area supported by an Associate Provost. From matriculation to graduation, the Provost’s staff works to enhance every aspect of a student’s experience at Saint Joseph’s University.
Cheryl McConnell, Ph.D., is Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. Formerly, she was the Dean of the College of Business, Influence, and Information Analysis and the Helzberg School of Management at Rockhurst University, where she was also the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, responsible for academic support areas and programs. In her academic roles at Rockhurst, she was active in the business community and with regional organizations.
McConnell is the recipient of numerous awards including the Missouri Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, the Rockhurst University Faculty of the Year Award, the Helzberg School of Management Perfect Professor Award, and the Rockhurst University Excellence in Teaching Award.
McConnell earned her Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from St. Louis University. She is also a graduate of Wichita State University, earning her Master of Professional Accountancy degree and Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in Accounting. She is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
McConnell has published or presented more than 100 articles, papers or workshops, and she researches and speaks on higher education issues, gender issues related to career advancement and performance reviews, and the need for ethical leadership in a time of change and uncertainty.
Office of the Provost
- Cheryl McConnell, Ph.D., Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Peter C. Norberg, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Faculty and Academic Support
- Rajneesh Sharma, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Assessment and Strategic Planning
- Cary Anderson, Ed.D., Vice President for Student Life and Associate Provost
- Dawn M. Burdsall, Ed.D., Assistant Provost for Business and Analytics
- Melissa L. McClory, Director of Administrative Operations, Academic Affairs
- Jenna Procyk, Senior Administrative Assistant I, Office of the Provost
- Beth Moran, Senior Administrative Assistant II, Office of the Provost